Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks i have a question on my 07 g6 that unfortunately was in a accident. How can i tell if my g6 has a steel or a laminated steel dash? I guess the repair is different and the insurance company wants to go the cheap way of course. Thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Are you talking about the dashboard in the car? If so It's mostly made of plastic, with steel behind it for mounting purposes. I don't know for sure. What kind of accident was your car involved in? Was it a front end collision? I just ask because first thing I thought of was the core support, the part that holds your radiator in place, but I don't want to jump to conclusions. haha.

I'm trying to do research on the dash but can't find much info about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the steel the plastic dash connects to i would call it the firewall but I dont do this for a living(or even a hobby). It was front passenger side collision so depending on this dash depends on whether the passenger side frame rail can be sectioned or replaced

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Oh I see. Sounds like the firewall to me, what seperates the engine bay from the passenger compartment. I'm pretty sure its plain steel but I could be wrong, things could have changed between years as well. I'd imagine the body shop could replace just the damaged parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts