Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, a newbie, Never owned a Pontiac or even a GM product! Worked on a number of OLD ones, but not this recent bunch. Anyway, I bought the wife an 08 G6 gt 3.5 engined top of the line model as a "mechanics special" ...needed a trannie and some other minor repairs. SOME of which are proving more troublesome than replacing the trans! Got some questions about the BCM and getting past dealers not wanting to reprogram it for replacement remote fobs...say they can't get comm with the BCM....At their labor rates....HELP please.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And as that I can't edit my posts yet...It's a 4 door loaded model.
I hope some good members can point me in the right directions about BCM problems, as the only things i'm having trouble with is the LF TPMS won't read and trying to get replacement remotes programmed as the car was bought with no remotes from the previous owner.

·
08 convertible
230 Posts
If only one tpms is not reading, almost certain you just need a new tire sensor. Batteries are good for 10yrs max, so if original, they are at the end of life.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome...I've got my 2 "quirk" problems resolved. For further explanation, read my thread on the forum page PROBLEMS & SOLUTIONS titled ... Dealer says NO COMM with BCM

Wife is now completely happy with her new ride!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a "follow up" as I can't seem to find a proper spot to say this...
Wife has had the car for a little more than 2 months now and loves it. BUT I've been AVENGED..since school work has started back up, fellow staff have commented about her "new wheels", but Say they liked the looks of the older Avenger Coupe she had been driving for the past 6 years! Wish I could afford the insurance to keep that ride on the road and use it for my play toy...Instead I have the Family hauler 04 Town & Country!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts