Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read up a bit on Hp tuners vehicle control module and was wondering if anyone has used one on there G6 for tuning. From what I read it sounds like a good tuning scource and may be able to help me in my goal of turbocharging and tuning my 3.9 GTP. I know thats a shot in the dark since no one has succesfully turbocharged the v6's yet due to tuning issues. Just asking if this could possibly be a cure? My goal is only 300-350hp and thats doing including all the internals and that good stuff. i have heard these fuel systems are returnless?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Visited their forums and you will seen a few G6 owners. The only G6 that has tuning issues with off the shelf solutions is the 3.5 LX9. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? from what ive searched on here all of the V6's have issues tunning there engines to forced induction. Dr.Speed had a 3.9 turbo'ed but had to remove it because he was unable to tune it. or am i mistaken and he has a 3.5L?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I believe that is before HP tuners supported those year models. Also the problem with the G6 is that GM just did not intended this car to be mod friendly, this results in no room to play with in the engine bay unless you move stuff around (ex. Battery to trunk). From what I have seen on my '05 G6 with the smallest V6 engine, the best bet would a Vortech V-9 Series Supercharger, the one that spins backwards so it can be attached straight to the drive belt.

Anyway good luck, the only the only reason there is no G6 with forced induction out there is because I can't tune my PCM, but I'm working on that :D

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
If you have a 3.5L LX9, it is better off if you just find another car. Tuning is hell. All the other engines don't have as much trouble. Most people just say to spend that money on a better car like GTO instead of a turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 3.9L LZ9. So I could buy a HPtuners VCM and add a Vortec supercharger and be able to tune it ? I hear the only injector upgrade is from a GM truck also... any truth to that? and as for internals im geussing there is little support on that other then pistons? Im looking into all possible routes to force feed my GTP. so dumb they stopped supercharging the GTP its like it doesnt deserve the badge... only thing GTP has done for me is GREAT THEFT PROTECTION lol

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
For all those mods, you could just get a GTO. I wouldn't recommend tuning the car yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i wanted a GTO i would have got one instead of the G6. it snows alot here in the winter so i need FWD. and i wont be tunning it. i have a shop just 12 miles from me that has a dyno. I plan on them tuning it for me I just thought the PCM had been un tunable since DR.Speed took all of his turbo stuff off due to no tuning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts