Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have an 06 G6.

The HVAC lights have done the famous fad to pinkish white and one bulb is burnt out all together.

I know I can pick up a replacement cheap from ebay... but my question is.... are these simply plug and go? a buddy of mine that works at a GM dealership said there is a computerized re-calibratin involved after you replace the HVAC unit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can you please share what happened with your HVAC backlighting issue?

I had to replace the CD player in my radio and after putting everything back together I had most of the lighting go out. Tapping the controls with a pen light (a la Ed Mitchell on Apollo 14) brought some of it back, so maybe there is a short in there somewhere. I'm going to disassemble it again in a day or so and hope for the best, but I'll replace the HVAC control panel if necessary.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a similar issue like that with the hvac coloring except it is only the two defroster lights on the right that aren't the stock red anymore, everything else is fine. Never pulled it apart to check it out though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.