Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
G6Action said:
i guess until it happens to you, one can't fully understand the situation. for your sake, i hope you never have the opportunity to fully understand.......
I guess we just wait until someone gets killed in a serious wreck then MAYBE someone will believe us.

I don't care what you people 'BELIEVE' the damn wheel LOCKS up. It happens... so until you can prove otherwise your comments mean nothing.

The only option you have if this happens is to shut the car off.. Put it in nuetral and turn the key. Then restart. This is what another G6 owner did to get steering back while driving on the freeway. Do NOT just hit the brakes..you will only cause yourself to wreck if the wheels are not perfectly straight. My problem happened during the winter months last time...and a few mishaps during the rest of the year early in the morning (cooler temps). With snow a few weeks away now Im not really thrilled.

· Registered
525 Posts
ragingfish said:
This is an interesting "fix..."

Makes me wonder...could the power asissted motor maybe be turning the WRONG way? Perhaps, if you slightly turn the wheel left, it gets a distorted signal, and tries to assist it to the right? I don't know, just a theory...but the fact that a restart of the car fixes the problem makes me suspect it isn't a mechanical problem such as a control arm or ball joint...
That might actually be what its doing... Good thought.

· Registered
525 Posts
Doubt it. maybe half a G? LOL I dont really understand why the thread is pulling apart..I haven't kept my wallet in my back pocket in 6 years (when I bought the Z).. and I am carefull not to 'slide' in and out of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.