Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac G6 GT - Injen CAI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a injen cold air intake on my 2005 g6 gt, I am trying to find the PCV valve so I can hook it up to the intake. I am already smelling gas fumes and I am getting quite concerned about it damaging my engine due to it not being hooked up. I have looked for hours and I can't find it. Please Help!

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
114 Posts
I recently installed a injen cold air intake on my 2005 g6 gt, I am trying to find the PCV valve so I can hook it up to the intake. I am already smelling gas fumes and I am getting quite concerned about it damaging my engine due to it not being hooked up. I have looked for hours and I can't find it. Please Help!
PCV stands for positive crankcase ventilation. There should be no fuel fumes involved. If you are smelling fuel to the point of being concerned, you may have another problem...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 98 civic ex coupe. In my state, NC, We have state inspections where they test for emissions and unfortunatly PCV valves. When I bought my injen CAI, like the instructions, i bypassed The PCV valve.But now it's time for my yearly inspection. Is there anyway to install the PCV valve to the CAI? Or do I have to replace the CAI with my stock cooling system? forpc.onl/bitlife-life-simulator-on-pc/ jiofi.local.html

·
Registered
2006 G6 GTP F40
114 Posts
I got a 98 civic ex coupe. In my state, NC, We have state inspections where they test for emissions and unfortunatly PCV valves. When I bought my injen CAI, like the instructions, i bypassed The PCV valve.But now it's time for my yearly inspection. Is there anyway to install the PCV valve to the CAI? Or do I have to replace the CAI with my stock cooling system? bitlife pc jiofi.local.html
Wow. I have never seen a tech that will be that thorough when doing inspections.... Lol I would say your best best bet would be to install your factory intake system.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac G6 GT - Injen CAI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it, I had the send my car to the shop during the weekend because I had a bad fuel pump and the fuel lines need replaced. From what I read it's supposed to be underneath the valve cover, for my g6 it's on the back side of the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts