Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who are getting, or thinking about getting the GTP, think about this. As far as stock tire size goes...only Goodyear LS2's and Brigdestone Summer only tires are available...I see this being a major problem in the future for those of us who might want a "better" tire than the LS2. Hopefully they'll be better than the LS's on my GF's GASE...Only winter will tell... :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping the Stabilitrak system will help save some skids, but that system would use a brake induced turn in slippery weather, and is only as good as the tires on the car... :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must be nice...except I like snow. It's fun :D

At least these LS-2's have a 400 TW rating...at least they'll last about 30-40k miles. Still wish they'd make the Triple Assurance's in this size...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I haven't. I'm not good at sizing up larger sizes, and eve then, it's hard to keep the rpms o nthe tires the same as OEM (to keep the speedometer/odomter in check). I guess some research is in order once I find time (15 credit hours and 40 hours a week leaves little time for play).

·
Registered
169 Posts
245/45-18's would only introduce a 0.7% error in the speedo.

60 indicated would be 59.6 actual.

Nice - in that size there are "all-seasons" from Avon, Continental, Dunlop, Michelin, Pirelli, and Goodyear, speed rated V, W, and Y.

For "summer-only", you can add Bridgestone, BFGoodrich, General, and Yokohama.

·
Registered
169 Posts
02eco said:
The ideal size in a 245 would be a 40 series and 235's would be a 45 series.:)
245/40 is 1.2" shorter than stock, with the speedo reading 4.3% too fast.

235/45 is 0.6" shorter than stock, with the speedo reading 2.0% too fast.

Again, the 245/45 is only 0.2" shorter than stock, with the speedo reading only 0.7% too fast. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.