Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a phone call aound 8:00pm tonight informing me I've been chosen to be sponsored! I get to spend up to $12,000 of other people's money on my car!!!

The catch? I gotta put a 2"x7" sticker on my window and go to 4 car shows within the next year. I'd say its a small price to pay.

So I need to trick my car out but I don't want it to look trashy. Any suggestions? How would you spend 12grand? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
lrish said:
I received a phone call aound 8:00pm tonight informing me I've been chosen to be sponsored! I get to spend up to $12,000 of other people's money on my car!!!

The catch? I gotta put a 2"x7" sticker on my window and go to 4 car shows within the next year. I'd say its a small price to pay.

So I need to trick my car out but I don't want it to look trashy. Any suggestions? How would you spend 12grand? :D
Congratulations. You must have gotten the Sport Compact Pro sponsorship, because they gave me exactly $12,000 also. Seems to be the going rate. The problem is that the only part you can really get right now is the Injen intake. Everything else you have to have custom made like I did. The contract will pay off in a few months when we all hope more parts come out.

Be sure to get the HID lighting and the intake. Then go have a custom exhaust made, like I did. Then you will be left waiting with $11,500 to spend.

And BTW, the SCP logos catch a lot of attention. :) Eer since I shaved off all the emblems, everyone thinks my car is an SCP instead of a G6. People can be so silly.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
what are you crazy? You can get the Razzi body kit, wing, and the ram air hood. After paint and installation, that'll eat up a good $2500. And since you have the 3.5, I imagine the available supercharger would fit?

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
~niKKi~ said:
Hmm I thought that "sponsorship" was a scam?!?....
It's an MLM scam. Sport Compact Pro's deal is this. They award you an X amount of dollars in sponsorship money. This money is used to buy products from their catalog. However, this money can not be used to cover the entire amount of the part(s). It will only pay up to the wholesale cost of the parts. So, basically, if they gave you $12,000 and you decided to buy a set of chrome rims that retailed for $1000, you would spend about $500 of your "sponsored" funny money to cover the retail mark-up. Then, you would pay the remaining difference out of your own pocket. In a nutshell, this sponsorship equates to buying parts at wholesale distributor costs. Also, SCP is NOT the same company that owns Sport Compact magazine!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
lrish said:

Let me know how or where you applied--I want to keep my 05 gt but want 18 inch wheels and dual exhaust--rather spend there money-thx

·
Registered
220 Posts
I forgot to mention that you also have to pay them membership fees as well. I think it's $80 right off away, then more later.

·
Registered
423 Posts
lrish said:

HEY IRISH!! here's my suggestion on how to spend your newly found $12K.

Autozone has this 'killer' air freshener that looks like a little pine tree (imagine that) and it sells for $1.99. as for the other $11,998.01, make your check payable to: G6Action, aka Kevin :D

seriously, if the 'posts' from the other members are correct, you're better off just buying 'what you want, when you want it' rather than being restricted as to what you can put on your car. for instance, what if a SCP competitor comes out with an awesome 'whatever' and you just have to have it. BUT if you buy it and put it on your car, are you violating any agreement you may have had to make to get your 'sponsorship'? can you say "LAWSUIT"? :eek:

as for me, NOBODY is telling me what i can or cannot put on my G6. i'm remaining an "Independent"!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Psykostevo will agree with me that this is not a scam. SCP get's their products from the manufacturer. If I said I wanted the new CompuStar wireless pager alarm system, (which i do!), they get it at a cheaper cost then you would on your own, plus they help pay for it. Where's the scam in that? If all I have to do is go to a few car shows, then so be it. It's worth saving a ton of money isn't it?

In response to remaining independent, I agree with you - nobody will EVER tell me what I can and can not do with my car. I don't even want to do that much to it, I like the way the stock car looks. Getting discounted rims, alarm, intake....thats just a bonus. The sticker isn't even that big and I like the placement of the sticker by Psykostevo.

If you want in, just google them and you'll find the online application. I filled it out, then it asked for the $88 contract fee (before I was sponsored). So I "x-ed" out of that window and received a call from them weeks later. Apparently, they receive the application even if you do not pay for the contract fee up front.

·
Registered
423 Posts
hey Irish....best of luck. for ME, i'm still a little leary. usually when things seem like they're 'too good to be true', that's because THEY ARE!!!!

i guess i would have to ask myself, like someone else pointed out, "What's in it for THEM?" after all, they are in business to make money. i just can't believe all they are looking for is the $88 account set-up fee. just remember; "BUYER BEWARE!!!!"

you seem to be a smart guy. if you haven't already, check around and see how much a certain set of wheels are going to cost you from, lets say, Tire Barn. then see what SCP says they are worth and what you will actually pay for them. i'm curious to see how that works out.

also, like i said before, what if you wanted some 'Body Kit' and they didn't offer it, so you went and purchased it on your own.....are you allowed to do that? i would check that out BEFORE signing anything! again, good luck and i hope it works out for you......send us some pics on your progress, ok???

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what my agent said was, "if it's made we can get it. if it has to be custom made, all we need is a quote before it's done."

im definately going to compare prices and see if this is a sweet deal or nt. if it's a scam, then im allowed to cancel my contract and i get the $88 back.

·
Registered
33 Posts

How do you get Sponsored?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
scam

1 - 17 of 17 Posts