Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day to all! I have a 2007 G6, I ran over a large can on the expressway and my passenger side fog light fell out.........Thinking this would be about a $100 problem I went to a body shop and they told me it's a $300 problem. So a friend referred me to a lesser known body shop that would offer it a friend discount, lol. well he told me it would be $120 for the light and he'd only charge me $40 to put it in...........The car/paint isn't damaged somehow that light fell out. All I want to do is get another light and have it put in. My friend has bmw and her fog lights only costed like $50, gee whiz. So i've been looking online and cheapest i've found is $71 plus shipping.....When I had my accord I could find stuff online so cheap, i guess since the g6 isn't as popular the parts are harder to find? Anyways my big questions are, does anybody know any place online that has this g6 passenger side fog light for a low price? The body shop told me the light has to come from the dealership. I know most junk yards around here probably wont have any 2007 g6, is there any other car with this same small round fog light? I've never used the fog light, it's simply for cosmetic purposes. I just got this car 2 months ago and it's already looking bootleg. any advice or links, would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Just off the cuff, I think you can do it your self for about fifty dollars. I replaced the splash guard on the boss's (wife) 2007 GT and while doing so I found the fog light was easily accessible. It will take a bit of time but the job is fairly easy. The one thing I recommend you do is go to the dealer and get NEW plastic inserts. The old ones might look OK but they will slip and cause the dampener/splash guard to become loose. Plus they're only a few dollars for a pack of ten.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2496&highlight=splash

This link shows the fog light assembly. You would need to remove only the bottom dampener.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response, i don't know if i was clear enough, there are 2 fog lights on the bottom front of the car. One of the little small circle lights and the black holder thing around the light (bulb) fell out. So on the driver side i have a fog light but on the passenger side there's just an empty slot.......... So i'm trying buy another 1 for the passenger side. The dealership wants over $100 just for the light. Does anybody know any place online where i could get this part for much cheaper or does the g6 have the same fog light as any other car? if so maybe i could find that at a junk yard or online much cheaper. i found a site online called rockauto, i called they have something for about $30 but he said there's no way of knowing if the light comes with it........Close 2007 PONTIAC G6 3.5L 3490cc 213cid V6 FI (N) : Body-Exterior : Fog Lamp Assembly Print Save My Place. i don't even know what this is....thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bud, that's what i need but i'm thinking that price is still a little high. i guess because with my honda i could always find little things for great prices online, i didn't expect these type of prices for american cars. that's what i need but i was wondering if there's a place online that might sell it even cheaper or if any other car uses the same kind of light that will fit in the g6, if so i could check a local junkyard for that or maybe even find it at and parts store. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts