Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i installed my eagle eyes with hid's everything was smooth sailing, so i thought. the headlights work alright but now when i go to turn my car off the lights stay on! it happened a few times in the past but all i did was disconnect the headlights from the battery terminal than reconnect and everything was fine it wasn't much of a concern than but now its a huge concern because now even if i disconnect the terminal and reconnect them they still stay on. the other day i went to start my car and my battery was D-E-A-D. i could only think either i hooked something up wrong, missed a connection or something came loose. i checked the fuses on my relay harnesses those were fine. its going to get old really old if i have to keep disconnecting them! ANY ideas?!?!

any help would be VERY appreciated, thanks!!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Be more specific. The halos wont turn off or the HID bulbs?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
oh yea sorry that probably would help, the HID's wont turn off the halos are fine
Turn the lights off before shutting off the ignition.

If your lamps are staying on permanently after: 1) ignition shut-off, and then 2) light switch shut off, suspect something in the headlamp-off-delay feature. (This assumes that your vehicle is equipped with this feature.)

Refer to this:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110130171710AAcuRoF
Pontiac G5 and G6 are similar so take their suggestions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i think we figured that problem out (knock on wood), but there is also another problem i forgot to mention. this doesn't bother me as much as the first issue but when im driving down the highway and i go to switch to my highs my lows and fogs stay on. so im driving with fogs/lows/highs. this only happens when i switch to highs. any ideas with this one?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
ok well i think we figured that problem out (knock on wood), but there is also another problem i forgot to mention. this doesn't bother me as much as the first issue but when im driving down the highway and i go to switch to my highs my lows and fogs stay on. so im driving with fogs/lows/highs. this only happens when i switch to highs. any ideas with this one?
That's intention. I don't think the fog lights are supposed to stay on when the highs are on, but the low beams are intended to stay on when you turn the high beams on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts