Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got a 06 g6 gt 3.5 which i love btw awesome car ok my car has a faint raw gas smell coming from around the rear driver side tire and under the car and sometimes hesitates to start i have no cel codes what so ever i looked i see no leaks but i do have what apears to be and smells like oil on the skid plate by the gas tank.

please for the love of god someone help me with this i have went to the shop and they didnt find anything but they did smell the gas i read some posts about a crack in the lines etc etc but they all had cel codes im at a stand still and have no idea what to do im not loosing gas millage or power just the smell and sometimes a crap start?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
that is usually a crack in the fuel pump outlet tube & requires replacement of the pump which is a pretty involved job fuel is leaking on top of tank & volatilizing don't park indoors & don't allow smokers anywhere near it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you greenman you are right it was in fact a crack in the fuel pump line out wierd thing that i have no answer for is that there was no cel code the mechanic i went took it too yesterday was shocked by that as well.but hey im just glad that he said he was able to find it fix it and now that car should be beast being that it will have all of its fuel pressure and millage lol next up is my tune up which i might do a write up or make a video for the spark plugs we will see

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
thank you greenman you are right it was in fact a crack in the fuel pump line out wierd thing that i have no answer for is that there was no cel code the mechanic i went took it too yesterday was shocked by that as well.but hey im just glad that he said he was able to find it fix it and now that car should be beast being that it will have all of its fuel pressure and millage lol next up is my tune up which i might do a write up or make a video for the spark plugs we will see
no CEL or DTC is normal for a small liquid fuel leak the pressure regulator just compensates

1 - 4 of 4 Posts