Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just bought a g6 gt and am loving it. Prior to buying it i took it to a mechanic and he told me that it was leaking oil and needed a new front crankshaft seal.

The only thing is I can't find a front crankshaft seal for a 2008 3.5l g6 anywhere! Does my car not have a front crankshaft seal? all I can find anywhere is the rear. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even think about that. I'm so used to fixing all of my own stuff and was worried on this one. Hooray for the warranty! Thank you all for the help, i'll let you know what the dealer says.

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I didn't even think about that. I'm so used to fixing all of my own stuff and was worried on this one. Hooray for the warranty! Thank you all for the help, i'll let you know what the dealer says.
Just had mine done for the same reason. After 100 point inspection I had them do, they found head gaskets leaking, tranny line wet with tranny fluid. had it all replaced under warranty. i would have them to a inspection before the warranty is up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts