Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the CD player has decided to eat my cd and not return it. When I hit eject it just kinda clicks and then it will say no disc is in there but it never comes out! This is driving me insane.. I can't do without my music. Will I have to go to a dealership to get this fixed or just install an aftermarket one or what? :confused:

· Active G6er
27 Posts
Well if you want to put an aftermarket one in now would be the time to do it..and unless you wanna take the whole thing off to take apart the head unit just for the cd I would take it to the dealer. But they're gonna charge you an arm and a leg. you're probably looking at 1-2 hours labor + whatever for the parts.

My recommendation- Replace it! :)

· MonsterG6
386 Posts
defenitally replace it
the stock cd player in g6 is junk the only "good" i guess ill call it that is that it can hold 6 cds but that isnt even worth anything if it doesnt work right?

secondly, aftermarket decks will run you 200-300$ for a good base model and will only go up from there...same as you probably would pay at the dealership to get it fixed....you get a USB and aux port if you chose one with it...also the biggest plus is the added 50 watts on most decks really do make it a bit louder and clearer.

hope that helps
klix

· Registered
1,420 Posts
defenitally replace it
the stock cd player in g6 is junk the only "good" i guess ill call it that is that it can hold 6 cds but that isnt even worth anything if it doesnt work right?

secondly, aftermarket decks will run you 200-300$ for a good base model and will only go up from there...same as you probably would pay at the dealership to get it fixed....you get a USB and aux port if you chose one with it...also the biggest plus is the added 50 watts on most decks really do make it a bit louder and clearer.

hope that helps
klix
could always look used. i got my top o the line alpine in the for sale section for a really good price;)

the nice thing about aftermarket is it gives you the option to expand your stereo as you like. Plus the sound is alot better. in my opinion, the cost of buying a aftermarket unit is worth it over spending that same amount to have a dealership fix it for you.

· Registered
346 Posts
The Monsoon was actually a great (upgraded) stock sound system. The stock system in my Mustang was terrible compared to my G6's...but that's all been corrected now. :)

IF you can afford a new deck, I would go with what everyone else is saying, and get a new deck. You will love it, especially if you love your music. You may even notice better sounding music coming from your stock speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.