Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like an idiot I used Too Much gasket maker when installing my new water pump. I have multiple issues going on with my 2007 G6 3.5. But I don't want to overload everybody like I kind of am. I'm trying to get the new water pump off and all that gasket crap because I put so much I believe my serpentine set up as in all the new pullys and tensioner are not lined up correctly. And I did all of that with a new belt and it was just fine until the water pump wish I horribly messed up with that gasket shit. I've been on this forum reading over stuff for a long time now and it's helped me solve a lot of my problems with other things on this car but now I really need help

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
80 Posts
Like an idiot I used Too Much gasket maker when installing my new water pump. I have multiple issues going on with my 2007 G6 3.5. But I don't want to overload everybody like I kind of am. I'm trying to get the new water pump off and all that gasket crap because I put so much I believe my serpentine set up as in all the new pullys and tensioner are not lined up correctly. And I did all of that with a new belt and it was just fine until the water pump wish I horribly messed up with that gasket shit. I've been on this forum reading over stuff for a long time now and it's helped me solve a lot of my problems with other things on this car but now I really need help
I feel your pain. The timing chain is marked and is supposed to line up with the mark on the housing where the water pump goes. I had a similar issue with a 2.4 liter engine G6 I owned prior. My current GXP G6 had an issue with the outer casing of the engine timing chain area which is a 3.6liter engine. The previous owner had someone mess up the seal and I was getting oil onto the motor mount. Car only had 75,000 on it. Long story short had to take the car to a veteran mechanic to take the whole engine apart to clean the gasket mess. Replace the motor mount and gasket, Etc. Almost $1,000 bucks. Since the repair everything is nice and running good no leaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch!! At least u got it figured out (y). I borrowd a heat gun from one of my jobs and with a couple minutes of using that I got the water pump out like a hot knife thru butter!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.