Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get a lawyer

I have a '06 G6 and I'm having the same issue. It happens anytime the car is sitting still regardless of the gear. It started two weeks after I purchased the vehicle. I took it to the dealership I purchased the car from twice and they just chose to lie to me rather than fix the car. I took it to another dealer and they reseated fuel rail and and replaced the o-ring on injector 6. It ran well for two days and the problem returned. My mileage dropped from 370 miles a tank to 282 miles. I took the car in a total of 5 times and I'm working with a lawyer to get my money back.

My best advice...Track the gas consumtion and start the lemon law process and get your money back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a recall on the harmonic balancer bolt you should look into. The recall # is Y0042. Unfortunately, my car still runs horribly and I'm still taking legal action against GM. My car vibrates more than my Harley when I'm sitting still and I can't just accept this as normal. I have driven my friends '05 G6 several times and her car doesn't act anything like mine. I'm sorry I bought this car and I won't make the mistake of buying another GM product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m curious about the fuel mileage. I hit 370 miles on my first tank of gas. Since my rough idle problem started, I’ve been lucky to go 300 miles on a tank. The cars info center says I should be getting 420 miles a tank. Please post your mileage. I want to know if I’m getting the same mileage as everyone else or if this is another sign that my car is a lemon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a theory my fuel gauge isn't reading accurately. I'm going to have it checked at my next oil change. When I fill up it takes about 13 gallons. How many gallons does it normally take to fill your tank?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.