Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slick Black Pontiac
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not quite an owner yet,
I'll be taking delivery tomorrow of my first car manufactured in this century.
The CAR in question is a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan.

The car has EVERY OPTION!!! at least I think?

It is Jet Black, with the big multipanel sunroof, Leather seats, brand new tires, I think they're Kumho? 41000 miles and it looks like it's NEW!

Just wondering a few things:
1. What kind of Gas mileage do you guys get?
2. What are some solid mods I could do to increase gas mileage?

I've had some really good experiences talking back and forth with the guys over at Saturnfans.com and I'm hoping that this forum will be as helpful as that one was.

Last car was a 95 Saturn SW2. I wrecked it up two weeks ago on my way to my parent's house. I hit Ice, Spun out, hit a guard rail at about 60 MPH.

I walked away. Gotta give that car a lot of credit, it was very sturdy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome and congrats!
a crab will help open it up some n improve economy n performance for starters :D
you can also do exhaust n a tune

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
I think you may find the gas mileage (18-22mpg) and the pan roof rather disappointing. Unless you get the 4 cylinder (25-30mpg) with regular sunroof.

·
` Colleen =)
123 Posts
Hey Congratulations! The G6 GT is a nice car, and leather is awesome! But I work at a GM dealership, and our used car manager says the panoramic sunroof is absolutley horrible. He says that it rattles at times, and it can also leak. but as long as you get a warranty, It should be covered. If not, the service dept. can always take care of any problems you have.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The pano roof is trouble prone. That's why they don't offer it anymore. But when that thing opens up on a nice day, the joyful feeling it brings is well worth it.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
That Pano is pure awesomness......but they are right. It has problems.

Gas milage depends on what kinda driving you do. I get 28-30 with my 05 GT.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hey Congratulations! The G6 GT is a nice car, and leather is awesome! But I work at a GM dealership, and our used car manager says the panoramic sunroof is absolutley horrible. He says that it rattles at times, and it can also leak. but as long as you get a warranty, It should be covered. If not, the service dept. can always take care of any problems you have.

Hey! who are you? I don't think you've been welcomed yet!
Weclome!!

·
` Colleen =)
123 Posts
Hey! who are you? I don't think you've been welcomed yet!
Weclome!!
Hi! My names Colleen, I just joined last night! I like it so far, but I added my picture on that thread, and someone said that they cant see it because im private? I dont know what that means, do you??

·
Registered
20 Posts
The pano roof will whistle to you at times, at least it does for me.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hi! My names Colleen, I just joined last night! I like it so far, but I added my picture on that thread, and someone said that they cant see it because im private? I dont know what that means, do you??
Nope! I saw it last night and I see it now. Oh well maybe it was just a little glitch.:confused:
Good to go.
I'd like to see more members post their pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I used to own an 07 Electric Blue Gt with the pano. It never leaked but it rattled ad always sounded like it was open while driving down the highway. Lots of noise.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
You traded an 07 GT VVT Pano in ELECTRIC BLUE for a measley old Caddy????

Oh man......You are in Oz. :D

·
` Colleen =)
123 Posts
Ive heard Caddy's are AMAZINNGG!! I want a CTS-v!!! Ohh maaaannnn. (the 04-08 bodystyle) 400+ hp stock!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not quite an owner yet,
I'll be taking delivery tomorrow of my first car manufactured in this century.
The CAR in question is a 2005 Pontiac G6 GT Sedan.

The car has EVERY OPTION!!! at least I think?

It is Jet Black, with the big multipanel sunroof, Leather seats, brand new tires, I think they're Kumho? 41000 miles and it looks like it's NEW!

Just wondering a few things:
1. What kind of Gas mileage do you guys get?
I have the exact year and model as yours with exact options that you mention. It gives me a nice 26-28 on highway and up to 34 if I stay around 55-60 mph. In city traffic, I get a nice 19-20.

I am also searching for some mods to improve fuel economy.

I have never had any problem with panoramic sunroof other than the noise. I like to open it all the way but girlfriend hates the air in her hair, LOL.

·
Break My Wallet Tech
77 Posts
On mods you could do a chip, but most of the ones I have seen require 93 or higher...
A CAI may help.

Kumhos are good, but when they run out go with either firestones, bridgestones, or what I will be using when the goodyears run out, yokos!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts