Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to dealer because I hear a noise from under the hood. It's hard to describe but it's a thumping/rattleing? Sound. They told me it's my steering shaft and they ordered a new one. Would this cause that kind of sound from under my hood?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I took my car to dealer because I hear a noise from under the hood. It's hard to describe but it's a thumping/rattleing? Sound. They told me it's my steering shaft and they ordered a new one. Would this cause that kind of sound from under my hood?
That's a common problem with this car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Do you happen to know if the sound would be coming from under the hood? I'm not familiar with any mechanics of the car. I was thinking if it was from the steering shaft it would be coming from the steering wheel. Am I incorrect? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Thank you! Do you happen to know if the sound would be coming from under the hood? I'm not familiar with any mechanics of the car. I was thinking if it was from the steering shaft it would be coming from the steering wheel. Am I incorrect? Thanks in advance.
I'd trust the dealer on this. His mechanic has sat in your car & road-tested it. If you didn't have ISS issues you'd be the first.

·
Registered
88 Posts
please explain what ISS issues..? i havent had to do a major repair to anything under the hood yet on my 2007 gs v6 3.5 sedan...and i've been driving it hard since 07...i do get a check engine light every now and then, flashing..shortly after i start the car. but typically once i hit the 225 mark on the temp gauge it stops flashing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts