Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting tint on my car. I've never had tint done before so I need some help. The guy asked me if I want 20,15, or 5. I told him that I don't want it really dark so he said I probably want 15. He also asked about the strip on the windshield but I told him I didn't know. What would you all suggest? I want dark enough to help block sun but not so dark it causes problems seeing at night. Also would you all do the windshield strip or not? Thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have 20% all around, I like it, and the strip helps block the sun quite well. ImageUploadedByAutoguide1343273855.417223.jpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd only go as low as 20% anything darker, you'll have night driving issues. Mind you though, 20% might too dark for your state's laws, if you want to stay legal.

·
Legend
782 Posts
I feel the darker the better. I like to look at people when I drive but I don't like them looking at me :p
Haha 10% all the way around and 35% on the winshield does the trick quite well even on the brightest of days lol
Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have, I believe 18% on the front two windows and 5% on the back IIRC. Let me tell you, I live in BFE and sometimes backing up with no street lights around and even WITH street lights at night is a pain. I LOVE the look though of the dark windows and I am just extra careful at night...I wouldn't get the stripe only because I feel it wouldn't look good, but everyone has their own opinion. I think if you got 18%/15%(whatever the shop offers) would be sufficient and look good.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the strip on my windshield and I love it. We have them on all our vehicles. I have 5% all around and for the strip, yes it is a bit difficult at night when you are on unlit roads, I also live in bfe, but I wouldn't have gone Any lighter. ImageUploadedByAG Free1343397308.794012.jpg

Sorry for crappy picture of my dirty windshield. My brow does come down a little further than is legal, but I have rarely used my visors at all since I have tinted my windows. The only thing I don't like is the void where the antenna is.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1343397686.987378.jpg

This is a picture taken by a fellow member (g6whitie) while cruising down the road..

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 30% on my tinted windows. In Indiana, well where I live at anyway, anything darker than 30% will more than likely get you stopped by the police. When I asked the shop that tinted my windows all around for me, I asked to make the windows dark enough that they're still legal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts