Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like what the title says im looking for a g6 but not sure what year and model to get. i have a grand prix right now with mods, i like moding my car i was looking at a 2008 g6 gxp today and came home to look up whats available for the 3.6 and couldn't fine anything for it but a crab intake system. my plans would be upgrading the engine, handling and looks any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
Whats your goal with the car as the G6 may not be for you...?
The 3.6 is the fastest engine in our platform and its limited on mod upgrades to intake, exhaust and a tune. You can look at a few of the other things out there and even upgrade to front Brembo brakes but your not going to be able to make the G6 a race car. Dont get me wrong....you can make it one fun car that can indeed play with allot of the contenders out there but if your looking for loads of mods you need to move over to a Mustang, Camaro or G8/GTO.

Unless you have a very thick wallet then anything is possible. ;)

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
What year/model/mods Grand Prix? I had a 97 GTP and an 04 Comp G that I kept stock (performance wise ;)), then got an 05 Comp G that I went moderately mod crazy on - FWI, VS cam, SLP exhaust, TOG headers, 3.2 pulley :D, and some other stuff I forgot. Dynoed 291/298 :beer:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whats your goal with the car as the G6 may not be for you...?
The 3.6 is the fastest engine in our platform and its limited on mod upgrades to intake, exhaust and a tune. You can look at a few of the other things out there and even upgrade to front Brembo brakes but your not going to be able to make the G6 a race car. Dont get me wrong....you can make it one fun car that can indeed play with allot of the contenders out there but if your looking for loads of mods you need to move over to a Mustang, Camaro or G8/GTO.

Unless you have a very thick wallet then anything is possible. ;)
Made that switch long ago :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts