Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I came across this site looking for answers to a problem with my wife's G6. She has a 2006 G6 GT sedan with 40k miles. Next week I will be on my 3rd set of tires and the funny thing is that the last set was 60k mile Yokos that lasted 18k miles and yes I rotate. Ok now for the real issue. Yesterday morning my wife's battery was totally dead so I went to town and picked up a battery. Removed the old battery and installed the new one. (1st Problem) When I sat in the car after installing the new battery I noticed that the 6 disk changer wasn't on but it sounded like it was changing cds. I started the car and the noise stopped, actually all stereo noise stopped. The stereo looks like it is working fine but there isn't any sound coming out of the speakers at all. (2nd Problem) I was in under the auwning and it was dark enough for the auto lights to come on. Well all lights came on but the low beams, the high beams come on and also the fog lights. I drove it today and still can't get the low beams to come on, even when I turn the lights to on. (3rd Problem) Today while I was driving it the Traction control light came on the dash and the also the abs light. I am going nuts, I wish this damn thing was ubder warranty. I have checked all the fuses close to the battery and they are good. I also switched the high and low beam relay because it was the same part # and still no lights. Any ideas????? I thought about taking the positive cable off and leaving off for a day and maybe something will reset. Is there any more places to look for fuses and what do the low beams and stereo amp and abs have in commom? If I can't figure it out this weekend I'm going to have it coded to see what I screwed up. All I did was replace the battery, is the electrical system that sensitive? Sorry for the long post but I had to vent, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would take off the negative cable instead of positive. You might have shocked the system. Try that first. If the check engine light is on have it read and see what is up. Most auto part stores will do that for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried That Too

That was the first thing I tried, I thought it would clear out the computer. No luck, I thought though maybe the stereo has a security code that has to pushed for it to work now. I hope if that is the case that it is tied to the low beams as a securty feature, doubt it but worth a try. I hate it but I might have to take it to dealer.

:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.