Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 3.9 liter 2007 G6 GT convertible. I want to put a DVD/CD/MP3 player in it and have selected one:

https://www.caraudiowarehouse.com.au/2010/images/PIOAVHP4100DVD.jpeg

Its the AVHP4100. i love it and it has bluetooth to get your songs out of the air without plugging into the USB. So I need a harness that keeps driver information(Trip miles, MPG, oil stats, fuel Miles until empty, etc). And will I need a double din kit to install it? I just want to know what I need besides the unit itself. Please help!

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Well just a wire harness wont keep your information, you cant access it through the avh-p4100 or any other headunit for that matter.

For information on mounting hardware and keeping that information see here

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well just a wire harness wont keep your information, you can't access it through the avh-p4100 or any other headunit for that matter.

Fixed. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well just a wire harness wont keep your information, you cant access it through the avh-p4100 or any other headunit for that matter.

Will it trip any sensors or anything or will you just lose those features? And thanks big time guys.

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you buy this adapter, you can relocate your driver's information console to another location and retain all of your features of your stock radio (most people put it in their glove compartment.)

I'd highly suggest doing that, and if you do this, it won't trip any sensors... You do need an adapter though, otherwise you'll have your check engine light on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was gonna get an in dash navigation but i heard you lose all ur trip info and stuff. the people at TC customized said that they will mount the stock radio in the trunk...i think that just stupid but they said it was my only option. i dont think i will be getting it there cuz obviously they do not know what they are talking about after i ready this. Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
i was gonna get an in dash navigation but i heard you lose all ur trip info and stuff. the people at TC customized said that they will mount the stock radio in the trunk...i think that just stupid but they said it was my only option. i dont think i will be getting it there cuz obviously they do not know what they are talking about after i ready this. Thanks
Scott, if you buy from Crutchfield, they provide you with everything you need to install and mount your aftermarket headunit. They also tell you your options, which is to get a harness which will remove the CEL or get an aftermarket harness wiring kit/DIC to mount somewhere (which will show you your OEM info, such as MPG/Trips/Etc.)

You can even call them and talk to their staff, I haven't before, but they are literally rated #1 in support. :)

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Yep, can't beat crutchfield.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you buy this adapter, you can relocate your driver's information console to another location and retain all of your features of your stock radio (most people put it in their glove compartment.)

I'd highly suggest doing that, and if you do this, it won't trip any sensors... You do need an adapter though, otherwise you'll have your check engine light on.
So what would you do with the top part of the kit as all you need is the bottom part? Can you explain a lil better? Thanks in advance.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Cut it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.