Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new recall of the Harmonic Balancer, im INFURIATED.

Heres why.

If that part has been faulty on our cars, the damage may already be done, although not evident yet. The internals could have been taking a beating, and theres no way to tell. And guess what, you know damn well they arent replacing all of our motors.

I dont even want the car anymore knowing how much damage could have been caused.

·
Registered
220 Posts
thunkele said:
mygmlink.com says nothing about a recall.. where did you hear this from?
mygmlink.com had it on two weeks ago. I had mine "retorqued" last Friday. I also received a recall letter from Pontiac in the mail yesterday.

I'm also wondering if the engine has been damage already with 7200 miles on it before the problem was found.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How does Pontiac / GM decided to which cars to recall? Are there currently 3 recalls out since the G6 came out? I know there was the owners manual issue, which I got the information in the mail for that, then there's the harmonic balancer (haven't rec'd any info on it), and did I hear something else about another recall?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Robyn P said:
Are there currently 3 recalls out since the G6 came out? I know there was the owners manual issue, which I got the information in the mail for that, then there's the harmonic balancer (haven't rec'd any info on it), and did I hear something else about another recall?
3 recalls, affecting some or all vehicles, depending on the recall.

1: Owner's manual - all sedans that got a "first print" owner's manual.

2: Harmonic balancer - only some were affected. The guy that was supposed to do it at the factory was probably in the john when those engines rolled by. If your engine was damaged by this screw-up, you'd know it already.

3: Water Intrusion - all early sedans. Water can get into the door through the exterior lock "under certain circumstances" and activate the locks and trunk. Fun, especially if you're tooling down the highway.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks!! You'd think they would have the water problem fixed by now, since in 1999 when I bought a new Grand Am GT, I had to take it in more than once about water coming in on the driver's side. I'd get in the car after a rain and the floor board be soaked.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree with the Original Poster.

That is ridiculous, and they probably should've cared a little more about noticing something like that if it was such a quality winning award car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts