Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 05 G6 GT and I'm thinkin about buying an in dash dvd player. I know that I want an ipod ready, 7in monitor, and with blu tooth. Any ideas of what brand and where I can find it. Also what other parts do I need to purchase in order to install it.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
ensur3- does your new monitor still have the trip and oil life and the other data like stock one?

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
ensur3- does your new monitor still have the trip and oil life and the other data like stock one?
No.
At first i was worried about that too because i thought i would lose my warranty. So i researched it. According to some law, a dealership can only void your warranty if they can prove an aftermarket part you added caused your vehicle to fail.

Also so that i avoided the whole oil life thing, i read in the manual that there is a way you can manually reset the oil for the computer with doing some step rhythem to the brake pedals.

However, there is a way to still get the stuff to stay. But you can only get a single-din sized head unit. You need this here..Adapter Package
But from what i have heard this isnt the greatest add-on.

Hope that in some way answers what you wanted to know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
where do you get the black arrows lol? ive bin looking for them.. and sweet dvd player too ive bin looking for one

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
yea thanks for the info i might look into one.

·
Registered
555 Posts
No.
At first i was worried about that too because i thought i would lose my warranty. So i researched it. According to some law, a dealership can only void your warranty if they can prove an aftermarket part you added caused your vehicle to fail.

Also so that i avoided the whole oil life thing, i read in the manual that there is a way you can manually reset the oil for the computer with doing some step rhythem to the brake pedals.

However, there is a way to still get the stuff to stay. But you can only get a single-din sized head unit. You need this here..Adapter Package

Adapter package, $180 for a plastic mold and a display, screw that, seeing mpgs and shit like that isnt worth $180.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have that metra kit. put it in the glove box. installed a double din in dash. the wiring harness on the kit also maintains your beeps and power after your car is off. wasn't much more than the gm wiring harness. i dont have pics but i got the idea from a thread on this forum, it had pics

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Adapter package, $180 for a plastic mold and a display, screw that, seeing mpgs and shit like that isnt worth $180.
I agree, and thats why i didn't get the adapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No.

Crazy! I am about to get the same DVD player above (the Pioneer 4100) and I am looking into how to keep the driver info too. I dont mind to lose it but I dont want to trip any sensors or anything. And yes they only make the single din to the metra kit. Does anyone hafe the metra kit and can you take a picture of it? Even if I have to stick it in the glove like Krizax. Hey Krizax, what DVD player do you have installed? And how did you mound the metric kit in the glove?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a pioneer avic-x910bt. After cutting all the excess plastic off the metra kit i found it was actually able to stand nicely on it's own. I stuck some velcro on it to get it to stay where i wanted it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts