Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I tried to read about this on the forum and it just confused me. I want the In-dash (no pop up screen) GPS/DVD/AM/FM Radio installed in my car. I saw something about this part... Metra part# 99-3303? But doesnt look like it gives you any room for anything but a pop up screen? Has anyone done this and if so which one did you get? I want one that matches the red and color on the inside.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's the harness for a single din head unit and to retain your drivers information console (DIC). Usually what people do is remove the DIC from the harness and relocate it and use a different harness for their double din headunit.

Go to www.crutchfield.com and lookup the headunit you want and they'll match your car with the accessories that you need for the headunit to work.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
If you want to keep your DIC you will need the metra kit. Like solidhadriel said, it will not allow you to get a DD headunit. So most people just relocate the metra kit in thier glove box so they can get a Double Din (full sized) DVD/Navigation Unit.

crutchfield is a great place for head-unit shopping and has the greatest customer service i've ever used. shoot them an email if you have further questions.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
thats why we're here.

·
Registered
346 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts