Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, im new here. my names dustin and im from maine. Im the market for a new car. Im lookin at the G6's, 04+ grand prix's, and 06+ mitsu eclipse.

I found two g6 gt's locally that i like. One is a 06 gt coupe with 73k w/ sunroof for $9900. The other is a 05 gt sedan with 78k w/ panoramic roof for $10995.

Which of these would be the better bet? any common issues i should check on these? Thanks a bunch!

·
G6's resident led guru
1,058 Posts
personally i love my coupe thats the price i paid but if you have people with you alot i'd say the sedan. so far i have had no issues with mine and it is over 84k so its nowhere near new but still has alot of life. what colors are they? but i have heard issues with the pano sunroof but i can't say for sure in the end its what you want and are gonna drive but thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
88 Posts
In my opinion id say wait and find a private seller with a 08+ g6, the newer the better and i bet you'd find one with those type of kms and around that price also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the coupe is black with cloth interior, and the sedan is silver with black leather interior. I love leather, but ive heard the 05 isnt that great of a year to get. I also want a sunroof at the minimum, and i like the idea of that panorama roof but i prefer coupes over sedans. haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my opinion id say wait and find a private seller with a 08+ g6, the newer the better and i bet you'd find one with those type of kms and around that price also.
well im not sure if i can get a loan without going through a dealership, all the private party vehicles ive had have needed lots of work which im tired of.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If its between the two, go coupe. Less miles and leather isn't fun in the summer and winter. That's the thing I miss least about my GTO, my ass sizzling in the summer and frozen to the bone in the winter. Also too, I hear that the panoramic roof has issues with breaking.

But like others have said, if you can find newer, go that route.

·
Autobot Mechanic Lycan
125 Posts
the coupe is black with cloth interior, and the sedan is silver with black leather interior. I love leather, but ive heard the 05 isnt that great of a year to get. I also want a sunroof at the minimum, and i like the idea of that panorama roof but i prefer coupes over sedans. haha.
i have a 05 sedan and i love it. i say go with the loaded silver sedan instead of the coupe. its a better deal to me.

Sedan:
-big sunroof, nice on a hot day. (2000$ repair though. be careful)
-heated leather, nice on a cold morning
-05 gt comes with automatic start standard, also good for too cold and too hot days.
-silver, best on insurance (name it silver bullet, silverstreak, sideswipe, idk...)

Coupe:
-normal sunroof, nice on a hot day
-cloth seats, :/ ehhh
-black, call it batmobile lol
-more sleek than sedan

·
Registered
208 Posts
Things you should look at are stuff that changes between years and things that have had issues.

-Pano roofs have tons of issues that I have seen
-07+ gets you an auxiliary input on the head unit for something like an Ipod
-05 have the old steering wheel style

Things like that

·
G6 GT member
30 Posts

you wash and wax the black coupe and damn do they look good
Oooo! Oooo! Ooooo!! I sure agree with becksmerc!!! Visit my profile and check out my photo album of glamor shots of my BLACK 08 G6 GT Coupe!!

I LOVE my 08 G6 GT Coupe!! It only had 16,500mi when I got it!! Lots of power for the price!! 219HP off the shelf!! I would've taken the 4 door over the 2 if I had the choice thou. Other than that, no problems with anything except for squeaky brakes and low grip origional tires. (Replacing the tires soon)

It also comes with the line in MP3 player port!! All my music right from my pocket, through my Monsoon system!!

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
Its really up to you. Do you need space, or could you go with both a coupe or sedan. Lower miles is always better.

There are cars everywhere, g6's everywhere. I suggest you get the exact color you want, and the one with the least miles you can find. There will always be another car, so look until you find "the one."

I have an '06 gt sedan in black, and love it. I also have a pano roof. haven't had really any problems, except it can get a little noisy on the freeway.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'll sell you my 07 Gtp that only has 66800 on it for $13k
And I have a set of 16" steel wheels with snow tires that were ran for maybe 3k miles.
Or a really good offer......seriously

1 - 14 of 14 Posts