Pontiac G6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Gonna take a guess, but im gonna say he found it from ZZP, if not they probably know anyway haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol I should have known. He installed the g6 trans in my alero for me. :) great guy. And yeah thats just the transmission. You want everything from him for the swap (all new from GM, 0 miles) like clutch, cables, custom mounts (atleast my car needed them) gear oil, axles (my car also needed) clutch res etc. Its around 3800 bucks.

But yeah with the g6 trans in my car I had to use g6 axles. And the driver side is 1/4 to long and puts stress on the differential. So you have to trim it. But after that everything works as it should.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Cruisin hit it on the head. Thats where i found it. And with this latest engine problem im thing that trans is gonna have to wait another year or so. Possibly have a bad crankshaft. And if its not that then its just main engine bearings. :mad:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow.. thats interesting. My car has 200k miles on it and have had no major issues.

Guess its just bad luck?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It was probably previous owners neglected to check oil levels etc... Every oil change i use oil stabilizer and i change every 3000 miles on the dot. I guess my maintenance wasn't enough to stop the wear and tear the previous owners put on it. But i will pull the engine as soon as i figure out exactly what it is. luckily in the military they have auto hobby shops that only charge $2 an hour to work on your vehicle with access to any tool imaginable. and they have the know how to help if you need it. So not too bad of a deal. Better than paying over $1000 to have a shop do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i do my changes every 3k miles too.

but yes, previous owners play a big role on how reliable a car can be...

luckily, im the second, and last owner of my car. (dont ever plan on getting rid of it) first owner was my uncle since mile 1. he is a car guy, so he took very good care of the car, then parted ways with it, and sold her to me. hes pretty shocked how far i have taken it so far with mods and all hahaha.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
yeah i have started lookiing into auto repair insurance to make sure that if this turns out to be bigger than what i hope it is then i will be covered. Luckily the cost of said insurance isn't too bad. and you definitely got lucky on that aspect.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup. If you have a car guy in the family it pays off to buy csrs off them. Mine has been super reliable. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
do you have a link for your transmission conversion. Like did you make a thread for it on any forum? cause i can't find a complete conversion kit for my car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
do you have a link for your transmission conversion. Like did you make a thread for it on any forum? cause i can't find a complete conversion kit for my car.
Milzymotorsports.com is where I got all my stuff for it....

I believe all you need is the parts from a 6 speed g6. But I dont think there is a company that makes much conversions amd what not for the g6. But go to his site look around.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
thats where i looked and its looking like i could probably use the same exact kit from your just get different mounts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If possible try and find the mounts from a manual g6. Pull those and you should be good.

Though if they are welded in you might be SOL

On my car one of the stock mounts had to be cut out and a new piece had to be welded in place for the new trans mount.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
im pretty handy with a welder so it shouldn't be a problem. As soon as money allows this modification will be done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well looks like the engine problems are worse than expected. No auto shop can figure out exactly whats wrong since no CEL is coming on. Im being told that im better off either replacing the engine out trading the car. And money does not allow for engine replacement right now. So looks like its time for a newer very low mileage car. Taking the car to Carmax this week to trade it in. :( So doesn't look like i will have a pontiac much longer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sad to see...... good luck.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I still have it for now. Trying to save up a decent down payment for a dart or cruze. Still up in the air about it. But im about to go on leave and fly back to indiana for a few weeks and will make my decision when i get back. But the car is definitely being traded. and sad to say but i wont have it when the indiana meet comes around. But as long as CMESSICK says okay then i will still ocme in whatever new car i got. I don't mind being the odd one out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I still have it for now. Trying to save up a decent down payment for a dart or cruze. Still up in the air about it. But im about to go on leave and fly back to indiana for a few weeks and will make my decision when i get back. But the car is definitely being traded. and sad to say but i wont have it when the indiana meet comes around. But as long as CMESSICK says okay then i will still ocme in whatever new car i got. I don't mind being the odd one out.
im sure we will have some room for ya :)

if your in indiana for a few weeks, you ought to look me up at some point.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts