Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a warning light on my dash that came on a couple times in the past week. It is a car with what look like fishtail skids behind it and it has a line through it. My brakes locked up tonight when I pulled into my driveway and it freaked me out. What does it mean? I need an answer quick...gotta go to work tomorrow at 2p. Thanks

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the traction control...that is a "TC" that I turn on and off manually. This an orange lit icon that looks like a skidding car with little fishtails behind it and a line through it. I can't find my manual . But thank you very much for the reply...let's keep trying. Pontiac won't give it up..they want me to come in. But I can't till about Tuesday.

· Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,100 Posts
Sounds like you have the special "James Bond" Oil-Slick Spreader option - did a bunch of cars behind you spin out when it came on?

OK maybe it's just the StabiliTrak indicator :eek:
Not sure why it's coming on if you're not in an emergency slide/skid situation, so it would definitely be good to have it checked out.

· Premium Member
643 Posts
Probably something stupid with the sensor. I don't know why the t/c light didn't come on with it, those usually come together.

· Registered
287 Posts
It's not the traction control...that is a "TC" that I turn on and off manually. This an orange lit icon that looks like a skidding car with little fishtails behind it and a line through it. I can't find my manual . But thank you very much for the reply...let's keep trying. Pontiac won't give it up..they want me to come in. But I can't till about Tuesday.
You are right it is not the traction control. You must have a GTP or something. It is stabilitrack.It is not traction control, sorry I got them confused. I have the stabilitrack on my GTP. Not sure why it came on and made your wheels lock up. It does work with your breaking system and or your transmission if its automatic though. When you have to make sudden turns/ swerves to say avoid a deer it will engage so you don't loose control. It works good, I have triggered it a few times myself but it did not lock up my breaks.

Sound like it is sensing and erroneous stability problem. I am not sure what the components are in the system. May work with your pick up for your wheels sensor via the ABS.

· Registered
254 Posts
Both of those lights came on in my g6 while sitting at a stop light. I went to turn my traction control off because I thought my passenger hit it with their knee and then the car stalled. Turned it back on to hear a loud popping/metal tumbling sound and drove home with the sound.

Did you happen to find a fix?

· Registered
2 Posts
There is a warning light on my dash that came on a couple times in the past week. It is a car with what look like fishtail skids behind it and it has a line through it. My brakes locked up tonight when I pulled into my driveway and it freaked me out. What does it mean? I need an answer quick...gotta go to work tomorrow at 2p. Thanks
My indicator light looks like a upside down horseshoe w/a exclamation mark down in the middle of it.

· Registered
406 Posts
That's the tire pressure monitoring system light. It indicates that there is a disparity in your tire pressure, which typically means that at least one of them is losing air. Check the pressure in all of your tires as soon as possibl

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.