Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep in mind that for the past 6 or 7 years I've been driving a 97 Buick LeSabre (3.8L V6). Now that I have a 2006 G6 3.5L V6, I sort of expect a little more zippiness if for no other reason than the smaller size/weight of the G6. I notice though that the LeSabre will accelerate much more rapidly from a stop than the G6, at least up to 10mph. Press the gas pedal with the same pressure on either car from a stop, and the G6 almost feels like it's hesitating. Is that normal?

I noticed the same thing, only much worse when test driving a new Saturn Aura XE V6. With that one, I could floor the accelerator, and it still felt like it had nothing until it got to 10 mph. At least with the G6, it goes if I press the pedal down.

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this, or if it's supposed to run that way.

PS I guess the curb weight isn't that different, only ~50#. Should my old man car outrun my sporty G6?

· Registered
197 Posts
Goudron said:
Keep in mind that for the past 6 or 7 years I've been driving a 97 Buick LeSabre (3.8L V6). Now that I have a 2006 G6 3.5L V6, I sort of expect a little more zippiness if for no other reason than the smaller size/weight of the G6. I notice though that the LeSabre will accelerate much more rapidly from a stop than the G6, at least up to 10mph. Press the gas pedal with the same pressure on either car from a stop, and the G6 almost feels like it's hesitating. Is that normal?

I noticed the same thing, only much worse when test driving a new Saturn Aura XE V6. With that one, I could floor the accelerator, and it still felt like it had nothing until it got to 10 mph. At least with the G6, it goes if I press the pedal down.

I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this, or if it's supposed to run that way.

PS I guess the curb weight isn't that different, only ~50#. Should my old man car outrun my sporty G6?
Yes, the 3.5L is pretty doggy off the start. I have a hard time slipping the tires unless im on wet pavement or cornering hard. The 3.8L has a lot more low end torque than the 3.5 will ever have. The 3.5 shines when you start getting over 3K rpm, thats where the 3.8 started to fade if you ask me.

· RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
If you get a intake that will increase throttle response. There are a couple of other mods that will increase your power so its not so laggy. But I have no first hand experience with the 3.5 since I am a 3.9 owner.

· Registered
11 Posts
air intake

i gt a 3.5 v6 g6 also and the 3k thng is basically right but once it gets going there pretty peppy ,but also were would i get a air intake becaus eive looked but im not intreested in getting it off ebay,i gt scammed to many times

· Registered
34 Posts
G6~Mike said:
Yes, the 3.5L is pretty doggy off the start. I have a hard time slipping the tires unless im on wet pavement or cornering hard. The 3.8L has a lot more low end torque than the 3.5 will ever have. The 3.5 shines when you start getting over 3K rpm, thats where the 3.8 started to fade if you ask me.
So how about the 3.9? I have the 3.9 and it doesn't seem slow off the start or at the finish.

· Registered
34 Posts
oh yeah...lol It took me a few months just to learn how to get on the gas without spinning the tires. I remember when I first purchased the car. Right out the dealer, all they heard was, "Scrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech." lol I was thinking about putting 20's on there but I know if I get a pair of chrome rims, my accel will go down a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.