Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm buying a 10"sub, 200 watt amp, and bassworx subbox. My car is an 08 g6 gxp coupe.. any of you guys now how to do it ourselves? where I live the labour to install these things is 2 times of the stuff's price.. please help..thanks..

·
4,060 Posts
I installed mine a few weeks ago and it was pretty easy. I had bought a MTX RE-Q which I basically spliced into the rear speaker wires and added a ground and remote wire. then you basically hook up the amp and connect it to the RE-Q and connect speakers and your done. let me know if you need help I'll post some pictures

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed mine a few weeks ago and it was pretty easy. I had bought a MTX RE-Q which I basically spliced into the rear speaker wires and added a ground and remote wire. then you basically hook up the amp and connect it to the RE-Q and connect speakers and your done. let me know if you need help I'll post some pictures
is it really that easy?? so I don't need to take off my dashboard and things??
Is all the the wiring done from the trunk only??

Thanks a lot for your help by the way :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subs are rather basic. Power cable from battery to amp, remote wire and rca go from head to amp. Amp runs speaker cables to both subs and runs to a ground. Basically that is it.

I sold my car audio stuff when I got my g6 so I never hooked it up in my g6 before. But I have wired many different vehicles for car audio things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar question to the original post. I was thinking about putting a sub and amp in my 06 g6 and was wondering if i can run it off the stock amp (i have a monsoon). Any tips, pictures, pointers would be appreciated

·
GTP 06
588 Posts
Hi guys, I'm buying a 10"sub, 200 watt amp, and bassworx subbox. My car is an 08 g6 gxp coupe.. any of you guys now how to do it ourselves? where I live the labour to install these things is 2 times of the stuff's price.. please help..thanks..

Remove link from signature it slows the site down, You might get bit by a admin.. Just heads up. ;)

·
newcomer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Remove link from signature it slows the site down, You might get bit by a admin.. Just heads up. ;)

i changed it..thanx for the headsup.. ;)

·
'07 G6 Basic
11 Posts
I have a similar question to the original post. I was thinking about putting a sub and amp in my 06 g6 and was wondering if i can run it off the stock amp (i have a monsoon). Any tips, pictures, pointers would be appreciated
Depending on the size of your subs, I would not recommend using the stock amp. The amp will be two weak for the subs, so the sound will not be that great. Getting a bigger amp to go with your subs gives you more power to the subs, and that gives you the better "pound". Also you may want to look into getting a thicker power cable and ground cable. You want to get the most out of your subs and the thicker the cable the better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts