Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't as tough as I though it would be to change the radio. The metra kit is alright, doesn't match the rest of the dash, and the screen lights up white, but I don't really care. It only required soldering about 11 wires, and no cutting of the factory wires. The Pioneer is the AVH-P5700DVD, has a 6.5" flip out touch screen.

this is the toggle switch for the DVD player. Instead of hooking it to the parking brake, I hooked it to its own switch so the car doesn't have to be parked to watch it ;)

Mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
The turbo 2 has green and amber, but it's just the backlight. The actual LCD is black. I have a Turbo2 sitting beside me right now. I'm still undecided if I'm going to go with an AVIC-D1/N2 or a custom installed Pentium M computer system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That isn't the Metra 99-3303 Turbo2 Kit right?
Looking at the turbo2 kits at metraonline and it doesn't look like what you have installed in the pictures posted. Also found another location of what the Turbo2 looks like at:Metra 99-3303 Turbo2

Looks like you installed the regular Turbo 99-3303 kit. Yes? No?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it possible they packed the wrong unit in the box?!
From all pictures I've seen of the Metra Turbo2 99-3303 it has blue/purple back lcd with white text. (not sure if this is changeable)

The unit you have installed looks like a grey/silver lcd with black text and 1 line of text. Looking at this site's photo it looks totally different and 2 sets of lines.
Metra Turbo2 99-3303 at installer.com

Does anyone know if there are any manufacturers out there other than Metra that makes these DIC's?

·
Registered
153 Posts
no others that have released anything.. and yes.. metra completely changed the design from what they were supposed to release.. that original kit probably costs way too much money to produce.. also.. GTPGuy82.. i think you installed the dvd player wrong.. it should sit into the kit flush.. just take it out and get rid of the plastic piece you snapped in the hole before you slid in the hu..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thunkele said:
no others that have released anything.. and yes.. metra completely changed the design from what they were supposed to release.. that original kit probably costs way too much money to produce.. also.. GTPGuy82.. i think you installed the dvd player wrong.. it should sit into the kit flush.. just take it out and get rid of the plastic piece you snapped in the hole before you slid in the hu..
Nope, couldn't do it. That's how I had it the first time, but when the motorized monitor slid out forward, it took the plastic frame around the unit with it, and I had to keep snapping it back in place. And the frame that came with the metra fit didn't fit at all. So I had to slide the mounting tabs back to make the unit come out of the dash a bit further.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't wire it to the parking brake. Just wire it to a toggle switch like I did. Unless, that is, you are required by law to do so...The parking brake wire should be right under the center console somewhere...you might have to take it off to find it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts