Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was trying install my new kenwood radio 835u with a metra turbo 2 kit but ran into the problem with one extra blue/white wire coming off the kit. When i hook the blue/white wire up to a power source sound comes out but i get a tapping noise in the rear speakers only. I reinstall the factory radio and no tapping noise?

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
has any one tried installing a double-din yet
I am installing the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Double-din sometime this week. I'll keep you updated on that.

Do you think i will lose my warranty if i do so? I bought the add-on for the door chimes and stuff. PAC Adapter

The warranty i have is not the standard one when you buy it, because it is an 06 and lost the factory warranty. I purchased a 4 year extended warranty. Please tell me this wont be voided.

Oh, and P.s.
Here a link to the metra adapter that has all the specs.

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
Double din or nothing imo.

looks tacky and silly having a single din popping out with non matching as well. ESP in the g6

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
There are reasons to go single over double. The things you can do with certain single DINs just rapes the lack of things that most double DINs can do

·
FlyLikeAG6
35 Posts
I have a question.. I bought a kenwood ddx419 which is a double din radio with all the bells and whistles.. The questions is, which harness do I need for general installation on my 06 g6 gt with monsoon system? I have the harness for the steering wheel controls. I'm told I also need a mounting bracket.. which one do I need for that also? And lastly, has anyone figured out how to keep the factory display prompts in an aftermarket double din radio?

·
Lover of Bacon
84 Posts
I installed a double din and the only way i was able to keep the factory info center was with the metra kit too bad it only comes in white I wish I could change it to red to match the rest of my interior

21 - 30 of 30 Posts