Pontiac G6 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I was trying install my new kenwood radio 835u with a metra turbo 2 kit but ran into the problem with one extra blue/white wire coming off the kit. When i hook the blue/white wire up to a power source sound comes out but i get a tapping noise in the rear speakers only. I reinstall the factory radio and no tapping noise?

· 2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
has any one tried installing a double-din yet
I am installing the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD Double-din sometime this week. I'll keep you updated on that.

Do you think i will lose my warranty if i do so? I bought the add-on for the door chimes and stuff. PAC Adapter

The warranty i have is not the standard one when you buy it, because it is an 06 and lost the factory warranty. I purchased a 4 year extended warranty. Please tell me this wont be voided.

Oh, and P.s.
Here a link to the metra adapter that has all the specs.

· Da.v3
597 Posts
Double din or nothing imo.

looks tacky and silly having a single din popping out with non matching as well. ESP in the g6

· FlyLikeAG6
35 Posts
I have a question.. I bought a kenwood ddx419 which is a double din radio with all the bells and whistles.. The questions is, which harness do I need for general installation on my 06 g6 gt with monsoon system? I have the harness for the steering wheel controls. I'm told I also need a mounting bracket.. which one do I need for that also? And lastly, has anyone figured out how to keep the factory display prompts in an aftermarket double din radio?

· Lover of Bacon
84 Posts
I installed a double din and the only way i was able to keep the factory info center was with the metra kit too bad it only comes in white I wish I could change it to red to match the rest of my interior

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.