Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2009 g6 ant i want to put a pioneer 2 din head unit in. im just wondering what functionality im going to lose will the led display on the tac no longer work? if so is ther any kits that will allow this display to still work? any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If the DIC is in the stereo you will loose it when you get a new stereo. You can get a metra dash kit and relocate that to keep all the info and controls whole being able to run a double din.
or you can just go without the dic altogether.
You'll lose the trip counters, MPG counters, oil change life, fuel range, and settings for the alarm, remote start (if equipped). Lighting, lock/unlock settings etc. Just press info and menu a bunch and see what settings come up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I was tired of looking to an answer on-line, so i decided to take apart my dash and disconnect my radio. I am happy to report that in the 4 cylinder 4 door 2009 g6, you do not lose your instrument cluster driver information centre if you remove the factory radio. I hope this info can help someone else down the line.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If the DIC is in the stereo you will loose it when you get a new stereo. You can get a metra dash kit and relocate that to keep all the info and controls whole being able to run a double din.
or you can just go without the dic altogether.
You'll lose the trip counters, MPG counters, oil change life, fuel range, and settings for the alarm, remote start (if equipped). Lighting, lock/unlock settings etc. Just press info and menu a bunch and see what settings come up.
After checking into this, you will only lose the SETTINGS not the actual remote start, I read it as losing the remote start..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dic

hi i have a 2009 g6 ant i want to put a pioneer 2 din head unit in. im just wondering what functionality im going to lose will the led display on the tac no longer work? if so is ther any kits that will allow this display to still work? any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks
Yes Dude I had to install a Metra 95-3303b unit to keep the DIC info, hope this picture comes up, but this is what it look like in my glove box.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts