Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a single DIN radio to my Pontiac G6 2006 GT w/ monsoon.
Do I need both the PAC OS-311B Factory Integration Adapter AND the Metra 99-3303 Factory Integration Adapter to keep beeps and chimes and the DIC??

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am going to be installing a single DIN radio to my Pontiac G6 2006 GT w/ monsoon.
Do I need both the PAC OS-311B Factory Integration Adapter AND the Metra 99-3303 Factory Integration Adapter to keep beeps and chimes and the DIC??
Im pretty sure that you only need the metra kit if you want the factory mpg, etc. I think that you will have the beeps and chimes either way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies folks. What if it was a double din? I know I would need to move the DIC from the metra to the glove compartment..but still beeps and chimes?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The chimes are not controlled by the radio. You can drive around without the radio in and the chimes still work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to bother. Ive read in various places that you lose the chimes without the PAC OS-311B. Im about to make the purchase just double checking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts