Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought pioneer 6x9 for my g6 2008, but the pioneer is a 2 prong and the monsoon system has 4. Installed them but only getting high, or lows from speakers, anyone know a fix sounds worse than it was

·
Registered
4 Posts
The monsoon system has it's own amps. The four prongs are for separate inputs to the highs and lows. That's why you are only getting one or the other. You would have to properly splice the wires together to make it worm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The monsoon system has it's own amps. The four prongs are for separate inputs to the highs and lows. That's why you are only getting one or the other. You would have to properly splice the wires together to make it worm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
any chance anyone knows how to splice the wiring to rear 6x9's?? I'm dealing with this same issue! HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know and understand I have the monsoon system and looking for any possible help if there is any way to get aftermarket speakers to work properly with the factory amp and the way they ran it separating the frequencies?? Cuz if you try to put together and hook into speaker they cancel each other out. thanks for any help if someone knows anything I don't. trying to avoid having to put a second amp in and all the other b.s. just to have replaced 6x9's work properly. Thanks

·
Registered
465 Posts
Monsoon speakers are 2 ohms and almost all after-market speakers are 4 ohms. They are not interchangeable. On top of that you need a cross-over network to combine the two separate pairs of speaker wires into one single pair. I am not an expert so I don't know if there is an alternate way of connecting the Monsoon system to a regular setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought pioneer 6x9 for my g6 2008, but the pioneer is a 2 prong and the monsoon system has 4. Installed them but only getting high, or lows from speakers, anyone know a fix sounds worse than it was
Did you ever figure out a solution??? I'm dealing with same issue, there has to be a solution that doesn't involve tearing all the stock stereo out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are old discussions online regarding adapting the monsoon audio system to modern speakers, and dealing with this type of amplifier in general. It was a huge thing in the 80s, under the name of "Bi-Amp" audio. Exercise your google-fu and old discussions might help. Basically you cut the wires to the tweeters and splice the high freq lines from the amp. and send the lows directly to the 6x9. But there's more to it than just that.
Or, just buy a new head and a modern amp and do away with Monsoon altogether.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts