Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a small problem. I need to know from all you GT owners who installed one...how did you attach the vacuum hose that comes out of the engine and goes into the pipe? I think the plastic piece that's already there on my GTP is different...it kind of goes over and snaps onto the fitting on the plastic elbow attached to the throttle body. So I have to somehow modify it so that I can get that vacuum hose on.

I was looking at some pics of the installation on a GT and it looks like that plastic hose has just a round fitting on the end of it, not a connector-type fitting like mine. So I can either cut it and just clamp the hose on, or look for a fitting in the store about the size of the one on the elbow and put that on the stock hose, and clamp the other end to the silicone hose that came with the intake kit.

Mike

Attachments

·
G6 Enthusiast
28 Posts
can you take the fitting out of the elbow?

if not check out autoparts store they probably have an adapter or another plug that can be retrofitted.

I believe they have a kit of different types of vacume fittings. That was a t pepboys next to the build your own intake section by the performance products

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it won't come out of the elbow. It's all plastic and it's shrinked into the elbow so it will only spin and won't come out. I guess the one on yours is different huh? I'll have to try and find a fitting for that, if not, I can just cut it and order another one if I need it. Or I can order one from an '05 GT and use that, if the other end that goes into the engine is the same.

Mike

·
G6 Enthusiast
28 Posts
i am actually looking to get a 1 piece tube for that if you come across anything let me know i would rather the conector only on the end and no splice in the middle with 2 different hoses

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your better off getting a one piece hose to run from the PCV valve to the Injen intake pipe. You can use the colored hoses they sell in the ricer section of Autozone. Or you could remove the PCV hose all together by putting a crack case filter on the PCV valve, then block off the Injen pipe PVC oulet. I'm considering doing that on mine. That way, you won't have any chances of blow by and engine oil getting sucked into the throttle body in a few years.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok you know what, I give up with this thing. There's too many modifications I'd have to make to make it work on this engine. The fitting is no problem, but the elbow that comes with the intake is too small for the throttle body on the 3.9...plus since the engine is bigger, the elbow pushes right up against the battery cover and kinda squishes it a little. I'm just going to wait for someone to develop an intake specifically for the 3.9. Thanks everyone for helping me though. People with the 3.5, check the for sale section...

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
As I posted in another thread, making an intake for the 3900 will be pretty easy, the only thing is you need to make it flexible. Look what happened to that one Injen. This becomes more important with the 6 speed. By the looks of it, all you'll need it 2 90 Degrees a 45 degree and a straight unit. Much easier than the grand am.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts