Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light, whether it be a bulb or LED, behind the Fan Knob went out a few days ago (all other lights are still working). I can access the wiring by reaching up thru the compartment just below the climate controls, however, I do not know what I'm messing with and am worried I would create more problems. Has anyone else dealt with this problem before or know how I could fix the problem without taking the whole dash apart?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Check out my post buddy. Exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I've yet to do the repair;

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5713

I have opened another climate control panel and there is infact 2 leds under the fan control. I don't know what the chances are for both led's blowing at the same time but I would assume it's a resistor or some other bad solder joint.

The climate control panel I picked up from eBay is a little scuffed so I'm just going to swap the circuit boards. And I really hope this solves the problem! I would suggest you do the same or just live with it....

Cheers.

Shaun

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.