Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
To answer you inital question I don't sorry, but I also wanted to make sure you know that
I don't think this is a true CAI as your subject reads. I do see that your message says air intake, but the header says CAI
Their is a difference did lots of research on this before I bought a CAI on my previous car.

You might already know this, but figured I would pass along this info just in case.
check out this article gives some general info on the difference of cold air intake and short ram intake.
http://www.aptuned.com/blog/cold-air-intake-vs-short-ram-intake-whats-the-difference.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer you inital question I don't sorry, but I also wanted to make sure you know that
I don't think this is a true CAI as your subject reads. I do see that your message says air intake, but the header says CAI
Their is a difference did lots of research on this before I bought a CAI on my previous car.

You might already know this, but figured I would pass along this info just in case.
check out this article gives some general info on the difference of cold air intake and short ram intake.
http://www.aptuned.com/blog/cold-air-intake-vs-short-ram-intake-whats-the-difference.html
I really appreciate your comments on this, and the source you provided. I still am taking my time researching. I plan on ordering by the end of the month.

As i saw in the aptuned article of the pictures. This "insy usa" looks like a short ram, and not a cold air intake right?

This helps out big time for me. I'm trying to take my time right also. That source is great to learn the general information that i needed. I may still not be getting things or saying things right. That's just more learning for me then!

·
Registered
24 Posts
DO NOT BUY!!! I bought one for my GTP and it did not come with a hole or insert for the sensor that goes itnto the stock intake right where it meets the engine. It threw codes and my check engine light came on as a result. I ended up having to take it out the same day i put it in, and now its sitting in my garage. Unless you want your check engine light on i would stay away from this one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DO NOT BUY!!! I bought one for my GTP and it did not come with a hole or insert for the sensor that goes itnto the stock intake right where it meets the engine. It threw codes and my check engine light came on as a result. I ended up having to take it out the same day i put it in, and now its sitting in my garage. Unless you want your check engine light on i would stay away from this one.
thanks a lot for the insight on this thing. I've been waiting around and taking my time with what i am going to get and put into it. That helps out big time. I don't want that happening to my car. It's just the general base line black 07 sedan. I'm going the different direction with this car instead of modding the hell out of it. so far the exterior looks like a nice newer luxury sedan.Inside since i dont have a gt. I'm doing leather interior. I replaced the stock stereo and speakers. Possibly a different beige colored dash. I have a long list on what i'm going to be ordering by the end of may. Early June. Once you start working on these things theres no stopping it. Haha.

however, I will definitely rule out this intake. I'll find a different one. More research to come. Once again. I am greatly thankful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts