Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been searching, and searching and was just wondering some things about the intake and exhaust mods for the 3.6

RAM Air Hood or Crabs?
The ram air hoods ive seen from MPD dont look like legit ram air, or i dont know what legit ram air looks like. The hoods are expensive but do they do a better job than a crabs intake would? a what 600$ better job or so. also noise? whats the noise like from the two, change much? I took the resonator off the air box n it made a world of difference to me.

Next Headers
So is MMS the company that makes headers for the 3.6. Do they even sell them or were they for that group buy thing? I wanted to get headers but if its gonna take me months to get them the heck with it.

Exhaust
Is the GT-R exhaust worth it or should i just have that bulb thing(assume its a resonator?) and the muffler off and replace the Muffler. Considering its a lot cheaper but i want a tuner sounding car, not a granny sounding one so just some opinions would be nice.

Also any other mods you want to throw out there for power or sound im all ears on

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
CRABs gives more bang for the buck, but the MPD hood is stylish and gives negotiable gains. It is a true ram air hood. Note though, the MPD is only function if you have CRABs though. Most of the performance is going to be from the drop-in filter (Make sure you have a K&N or AEM filter, none of that spectre crap).

The biggest bang for your buck will be a WAMS tune performance wise.

GT-R is going to give the G6 a muscle tone instead of a ricer sound. It's quality is top notch and has a few custom modifications to fit your need or sound if you ask the company.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
what kind of jumps will you get from a wams tune like whp stock - tuned
About a 10% increase. There are not any dyno numbers, but many people can attest to the tune. The only downside is that you have to fill up with a higher octane gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts