Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I remove them both, will there be any performance gain? I also have the K&N panel filter, so will deleting the other two parts change anything. I know that with most cars, simple exhaust and intake upgrades don't really cause noticeable differences. Is that the same in this case?

· Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,100 Posts
Exhaust resonator removal will increase your exhaust sound and probably not for the better; it's also likely a minimal performance gain.

Intake resonator - I did based on recommendations of others; was a trememdously royal pain to get out and I didn't notice any performance or sound difference at all :( I would DEFINITELY recommend not bothering.

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...3.5. The resonator removal is only a temp idea though. Waiting on the family from back home to send me a couple of Magnaflow mufflers I have layin' around. Then I'm gonna get a custom system made.

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell, took me five minutes to get the intake resonator out. I went ahead and took a few bolts out of the wheel well and fascia before I got started on everything else. That allowed me to get it out without any problem.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
On the intakes it frees up your airflow. With your box removed it just blocks the airway.

Mine was easy cheesy. Did you go through the fenderwell or headlight? If you go through the headlight you cant see the bolt thats holding it in. No reason to remove with a panel filter in a stock box.

Exhaust? Dont remove it till you have a replacement or it will sound bad.
Or I should say - I dont like the raspy sound. Yes Ive tried it.

· LCPL Cobb
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm working on a CAB now. I just removed it because I was bored. I took it out through the headlight. Taking out the extra bolts allowed me to pull the fascia aside a bit and gave me the clearance to get it out in one piece.

· Taken by G.M. again
48 Posts
Are there Cold Air kits for the fender well??

I just got rid of GTP Sedan and got a GTP Coupe and doing all mods.... Do they make a cold air kit for 3.9 that goes into fender(wheel well) like they did for stage 3 Mustang cold air kits? Just a thought...and if so who makes it? I want cooler air.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.