Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, after dozens of questions of what usually is the best of the major performance mods, I'm making one thread to address these questions.

Intake Options:

For anything other than a 2.4L

1. CRABS
2. The usual suspects (K&N, Injen, etc.)

DO NOT USE:

E-bay "N-take"

People have been running into problems with those intakes running lean or simply the car running horribly.

For those 2.4L engines

Sorry but the intakes currently do not work well on the 2.4L. You will end up with lean codes (which can damage your engine), and a tune does not seem to clear up this problem.

Exhausts

1. GT-R Exhaust. Deep rumble, not ricey, but isn't overly powerful. Not a supporting vendor here so you have to do you own searching.
2. Magnaflow. Some people have these exhausts and are reasonably happy, but some comment on it having a "ricey" sound.

Tunes

The only proven tunes on the market come from a handful of vendors.

1. WAMS
2. Vector

A word about performance chips....

THERE ARE NO "CHIPS" FOR THE G6. I REPEAT, THERE ARE NO CHIPS FOR THE G6.

I will not mention the names of companies that claim that their chips will give you ridiculous amounts of additional power, because a) there are too many to mention them all, and b) I don't want to get sued.

Turbo

In effort to reduce the absolutely ridiculous amount of threads about turbos.

Yes a turbo could probably be fitted on a G6, HOWEVER, due the major rebuilding effort of the tranny, room issues under the hood, and other major restructuring of powertrain components, it would become a very costly endeavor.

There are no G6s that have been turboed successfully. A few have valiantly tried, but have failed.

I'm hoping this will end (or reduce) the amounts of repetitive questions regarding which performance mods to use. The parts listed above are not all inclusive of possible mods, but have been proven and verified to work.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.