Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i want to add a new air intake to my GT, but i have NO idea which to get or what the differances are between them. Should I go with a K&N or one from this Dr Speed guy? whats the Diff. between stage 2, 3, 4, ect.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
have you been to the doctor speed site? he has pictures of his 3 intakes so you can see the differences. stage 4 is just the add-on tubing across the front. i have a DS stage 3 on my car and i am very happy with the way it looks and sounds.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Johns77 said:
Yes, ive been to the site and can see the differant pictures but that doesnt mean that i know what the differances are between them. :rolleyes:
What would you like to know about the intakes? :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Johns77 said:
What are the differances as far as levels of added horsepower, difficulty to install, ect.
The added horsepower from the intakes range from about 4 to 8. The 4 hp being the Stage 2(WAI) and the 8 hp being the Stage 4(CAI). What you are really doing is allowing the engine to breathe better. A more aggressive sound and better throttle response, will be the most noticable results. Top end power will improve slightly. For best results, as far as power goes, the intake and exhaust system should be improved.

As far as ease of installation, Stage 2 is the easiest, with Stage 3 and 4 being a little more involved(removal of the intake resonator is neccessary).

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Johns77 said:
OK so with a stage 2 intake, am i removing the air filter box that i just put a new K&N filter in??
Yes. You are removing the stock air box and replacing it with a K & N filter, silicone coupler along with a small aluminum tube. :)

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Hambone said:
Would be nice if someone had a CAI for the 3.9L
Not quite a CAI, but a Stage 2 intake with a Stage 4 upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.