Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 G6 coupe in February that has about 34,000 miles on it. Since I've had it, it has had issues with the intake system. The seals and gaskets have been replaced and now I have a bad intake piston rod. My question is, how serious of a problem is this? Everything has been covered by warranty, thank goodness, but will I continue to have problems with this? I just want to make sure that fixing the rod will take care of it and I won't have future problems with the engine. I don't want a car that will have to keep going back to the shop, especially after that warranty is up!!

Any advice/suggestions on whether I should keep this car or not??? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the push rod for the intake valve. That's what the mechanic says anyway. I'm really confused on how it got bent as well. I've been trying to figure that out, but I don't know anything about this stuff. It's wierd to me that the same people just replaced the gaskets and seals on the intake side and didn't notice this was bent before. I had the gaskets replaced last Friday and the car started acting up on Saturday. Sounds to me like maybe they bent it while it was being worked on? Don't know if that's possible, but I haven't had any problems with the way it drove before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea that's probably a good idea, they said they checked everything else and it looked fine. I may take it somewhere else after I get it back for a second opinion, just to make sure there are no other red flags.

My car started to sputter when I would accelerate, then my check engine light started flashing. It would get better as I continued to drive, but then when I cam to a stop, it shook like it wanted to die and had trouble getting up to speed. I then noticed a rattle/knock when I got up around 50 mph so I pulled over. I got out and left it running to have my bf check it and it died. We got it started up again, no problem, but it had a bad knock to it constantly. That's when we decided to trailer it back to the shop.

I have no idea how those things get bent, I'll be sure to ask for it. Thanks for the help/advice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.