Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 2.4l i found a intake for the 2.4l and put it on my car the only thing is the intake was for a 2008 2.4l. It's shiffting fine and running fine but the other day it made it throw off the Lean to Bank Sensor. I was wondering if anyone knew a way you could get rid of the code. I was wondering if maybe you can take the car to a automotive shop and they could maybe trick the computer into thinking its getting the correct amount of air? Any help would be appreciated. Thnks in advance

·
Registered
474 Posts
The 2.4 doesn't adapt to more air as well as the v6 does, the only way to fix it is to get a tune.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Im surprised your tranny isnt bucking yet....

get a tune if you want an intake on that 2.4 or you will damage it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take back the shifting is fine sometimes it has a slight ruff shift not all th time if I get it tuned will that fix the issue?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To have it tuned I can just take it to a shop or do I need to buy something as of a chip or something?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
No chips. You need a tune written to your ECM/PCM and possibly your TCM.

Contact Chris over at White Automotive & media (google it). His name on here is GTPprix.
He has been writing tunes for the G6 for years.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It will probably take a while as i ordered mine a month ago and have not got it yet. So order soon.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
When I ordered my tune I got it within the month. But I know he had an extra pcm/tcm for my car at that time, Chances are he has to wait to receive a pcm/tcm before he can write the tune on it and ship it out.

Totally fixed my intake issues on my 2.4. Made it run really great too!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I drove with it being lean for a couple of weeks without any tranny issues. My temp fix was an insert that necked down the inside diameter to 2.5" only where the MAF was located. Soon as I got my tune though I pulled that out and WOW!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts