Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Interior Cigarette Smell

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  David Lachlan 
#1 ·
I just got a 2007 G6 V6 sedan and I noticed right away it had a cigarette smell in it (there is a cigarette burn on the passenger seat and behind the driver in the back seat). It's not too bad but when it's hot out it's much more noticeable. I have sprayed Fabreze inside my car daily for the last week and it helps for a couple hours but if I leave and come back I can smell the smoke again. It's much worse when it's hot outside as well!

Anyone have any suggestions for cleaning this smell out? If I have to take the dash apart the clean the vents that isn't outside the realm of things I would do... Just looking for more practical ways first.

I would prefer to neutralize the odor if at all possible over putting fragrances to cover it up.

#4 ·
Your suggestions are very helpful! I used Fabreze Effects spray in the vents and used the Tuff Stuff as suggested and noticed a marked improvement. I'm going to keep using these products for a couple weeks and then just use the spray once every couple days.

Thanks for the suggestions, I love a clean smelling car (it's the first thing anyone notices while getting in). I'm the guy that cleans the dash weekly and the windows almost daily. These habits control after managing restaurants for so long...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.