Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a question, If I turn off my Auto headlights and switch it to the manual headlight position, shouldnt the interior dash lights come on during the day(like when its raining). I know the headlights and taillights come on, but the interior lights dont come on unless it gets dark.
Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
That is way it is supposed to work. System is operating in Parade mode where the display intensity of odometer and radio is full and backlighting off.

·
Registered
423 Posts
yea, i don't care much for that feature either. i almost always turn my day-time driving lights off too, just to save wear and tear on the lamps. that too is a pain in the posterior. is there a 'permanant' way to turn off the day-time runnig lights?
anyone, anyone????????

·
Registered
279 Posts
G6Action said:
is there a 'permanant' way to turn off the day-time runnig lights?
anyone, anyone????????
Geez, can't get too much easier with just a simple flip of the wrist on the headlamp switch. ;)

Regarding your question, I can't give you answer but I am sure someone will figure it out :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
e2helper said:
Geez, can't get too much easier with just a simple flip of the wrist on the headlamp switch. ;)

Regarding your question, I can't give you answer but I am sure someone will figure it out :D
WELL......yea, but you have to do it EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR CAR!!! i was hoping that there would be a way to turn them off PERMANANTLY. whenever i start the car, i twist the headlight knob 'down' to turn them off and then hit the 'info' button on the message center to make the reminder go away.
when i start the car the next time, they're on again, so i have to repeat this each and every time. i just want them to go off, PERIOD!

sorry if i seem upset, its like the only feature that really bugs me, that and the dash lights not coming on when i actually TURN ON the headlights.

guess i'll have to live with it or buy me a 300C......

·
Registered
220 Posts
cnagy65 said:
Hi all, I have a question, If I turn off my Auto headlights and switch it to the manual headlight position, shouldnt the interior dash lights come on during the day(like when its raining). I know the headlights and taillights come on, but the interior lights dont come on unless it gets dark.
Thanks.
I thought so too, but they don't. The instument lights are dependent on the light sensor. Throw something over the sensor and the lights will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts