Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I own a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe. Last night I noticed that my interior lights aren't coming on at all. Doors open, closed or manually overriding the switch. I didn't do anything different with the car yesterday besides re-installing the rear view onto the windshield. I do have a Viper 5901 on the car, don't think that's causing the issue since I've had that alarm installed for a couple months.

I checked out the fuse in the center console under the glove box, I don't know how to tell if it's blown or not.

Any help or suggestions is much appreciated!

Thank you,

Tyler

·
Legend
782 Posts
If you look at the fuse after you pull it out you can see if the metal in the fuse is still intact or if its blown apart and there should be black scoring on the inside of the fuse that is very visible. If the fuse is indeed blown then just change it. If not then check your bulbs. But I've had this happen to me a few times and it was just a fuse. Goodluck.

-J

Here's an example of a blown fuse.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse was blown. When I put new fuses in they would blow as soon as I put them in.

Long story short, my rearview mirror fell off earlier that day and must have pulled the ground or something. I just moved some of the wires around and on they came.

Thanks for the help! What's the 35% tint like on the windshield?

·
Legend
782 Posts
Glad you got it fixed! And ill just say this. The windshield Along with my 10% all the way around. Let's just say I don't need to wear sunglasses even on the brightest of days. Lol anyway I love it. One of my favorite mods. Really makes inside your car private. I will deff keep doing it to the rest of my vehicles as long as I can get away with it. Lol but I will say it does make night driving a little more difficult.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts