Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is annoying, especially at night. When I open my door, or any door for that matter, the interior lights do not come on. I have to manually turn them on myself. I noticed there is a little switch u can move back and forth on one of the lights, and i messed around with that and it still didnt help. Anyone know how I can fix this? could it be a fuse or something?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah i have that same issue!
I just bought my 06 GTP and i swear the first night i had it the lights came on but im not possitive, i think i might have turned them off but have no idea how?? hopefully someone can shine some light on the subject.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had the same problem with mine too. What i did was flip the switch to the middle, i had mine on off the whole time and didnt even know.

If that doesnt work, there should settings you can mess with from the radio.

·
Registered
195 Posts
omg ... are you people kidding me?

the light regulator is on the roof in the middle ... there's 3 possitions ... 1 off , 2 on when door opens, 3 on all the time (but it'll turn off after like 10 minutes if you forget to turn it off)

·
I usually drive submrines
13 Posts
My problem is with mine that the switch isnt catching the contacts even though its sliding back and forth, i have to put pressure on it to get it to make contact, but they dont stay in contact after i let off, what should i do?

·
Registered
465 Posts
It's a design flaw and this problem is not uncommon. I always have to wiggle the switch in order to get a good contact for the dome light to come in. This is my second switch so I will have to learn to live with it. It's a nuisance but not a major problem as I am used to it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts