Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Interior maintenance

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  dxG6 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any paint that could be used to repair the buttons on the radio and A/C control panel. I have a few spots where the paint has been worn off.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I used a sharpie on mine and it's not noticeable at all. I did it about six months ago and it hasn't faded.
My radio dial also had a crack in, so I ended up going to the wreckers to get a new one. I called my local GM dealer and they wanted like $30 or $40 for it, so be prepared for exorbitant dealership prices.

#5 ·
Agreed

I used a sharpie on mine and it's not noticeable at all. I did it about six months ago and it hasn't faded.
My radio dial also had a crack in, so I ended up going to the wreckers to get a new one. I called my local GM dealer and they wanted like $30 or $40 for it, so be prepared for exorbitant dealership prices.
Yeah I'll go with a sharpie. The finish seems to be more original with it in my opinion. Of course the ideal situation is to take it to the dealership but than you have to pay for it. If it's minor, stick with the sharpie.

#7 ·
Sharpie is a simple solution. A better solution, especially if some of the bulbs are out, is to get a nice radio from eBay. You can find them in near perfect shape for cheap. The trick is to take the radio out and swap just the front module (display and buttons). If you swap the whole radio it will likely need reprogramming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.