Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 g6 GT, and i have creaking and rattling noises coming from it...i just bought this thing like 4 months ago brand new. i can see a car having some interioir noises after several years but not a brand new vehicle. does anyone else have these problems, and know of fixes that may take care of it?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,348 Posts
from where? My sunroof cover sometimes rattles. I just back it off a hair so it isnt touching and presto! Noise is gone. Also discovered my passanger seat made noise when it was forward aways. I think the seatbelt wasnt taught on the pillar post or something. Anyway moved it backward on the tracks a few clicks and....whalla! noise is gone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's hard for me to pinpoint the creaking noises. i hear the creaking when i'm slowly rolling over speed bumps, and i mean slowly. also hear the creaking going over normal bumps in the road. it almost seems like two pieces of plastic are rubbing together.

the rattling noise seems to be coming from inside the dash

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 07 GT's sunroof rattles like hell over bumps one of the many problems i'm bringing it in for

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hear the noises too!

I have an 08 G6 And I hear a rattling on bumps some times under the glove compartment area. I took it to the dealer and they said they don't hear anything. But I have a body shop I work with and he said they use foam as padding for certain areas and if the foam is loose it will cause the noise. So since its not super loud and all the time I just let it be! Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem, but i dont necessarily think you can fix it, because i have taken it in many times for the rattling, but there is nothing they can do to make the rattling stop. Supposedly it is caused by pressure getting in the cracks, and making it move which cause it to make these squeaks. so annoying.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dome light rattles when i have my subs up high, but i just put some electrical tape inside the light and that took care of that! take apart underneath your steering wheel and get to the panel on the side of your dash, and look inside, you'll see foam pads there, or you should. If it's the other side, take off the glove compartment and insert some foam or tape together the rattling noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts