Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
[IMG]http://i728.photobuc
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the turtle wax oxy cleaner for my black cloth seats not impressed at all. It made the spots lighter but if you look closely their still there. a $6.00 waste of money. I went to walmart tonight and brought this new product called turtle wax ice complete interior. it claims to clean all interior parts of the car (dashboard,plastic,glass,even stains on cloth seats and carpet) It was raining so hard tonight I only got to do my dashboard and all plastic interior parts of the car. cleans very well and leaves a nice slight scent. the real test will come tommorow when I use it on a spot of my carpet or seat thats when i expect it to fell. if you want that very high gloss on your dashboard like some people do then this product is not for you. it leaves the natural look of your plastic but very clean and nice smell. its all about what your looking for

·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im sorry im working alot of hours ( the economy might be bad but not the pet food bussiness) I on vacation starting april 22 and that is when all this rain and cold is suppose to go away (its snowing toinght thats how bad it is) I will do my cars carpet at that time. please be patient i would hate for you to by a product that like so many with their claims have failed.

·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a very good interior detailer but not so much for cloth seats and carpet It does wipe off the dust on your cloth seats and leaves a nice clean smell. again stay away from oxy turtle wax cleaner that does not perform well. I will still be trying other products to clean my seats and carpet let you know when I find a good one.

·
Love my commute!
144 Posts
One problem you're going to find is that to properly clean carpets/fabric some kind of agitation is needed. You absolutely have to have movement to help the fibers of whatever material you are working with to realease the trapped dirt.

For home self detailers there is little better than the Little Green Clean Machine. Use the right chemicals at the right concentration and dry the carpet/upholstery quickly and there's little else you'll find to beat it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
the turtle ice interior does a nice job of dash, but dulls out in 3-4 days.

For interior cleaning cloth i still swear by Tough Stuff. Or if you have access to a vacumm shampooer

·
Registered
470 Posts
I use Meguiars products to add any kind of 'gloss' look to it. I find they last the longest and occasionally, I'll find the 1L bottles at Costco!

My only cleaning peeve are with the perforated cloth seats. I can't seem to vacuum out all the little tiny crumbs and such that are lodged in there! arg.

·
2006 Black G6 GT
395 Posts
I use Meguiars products to add any kind of 'gloss' look to it. I find they last the longest and occasionally, I'll find the 1L bottles at Costco!

My only cleaning peeve are with the perforated cloth seats. I can't seem to vacuum out all the little tiny crumbs and such that are lodged in there! arg.
Thats the beauty of the leather seats. Easier to clean and easier to maintain.

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
good stuff!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thats the beauty of the leather seats. Easier to clean and easier to maintain.
That's true. The problem is that most leather is engineered and is really vinyl. To keep costs down (I imagine), my Durango has real leather seats, but the middle of the seats are suede, which is still relatively easy to maintain. I sat in my friends' Ford Focus with 'leather' seats, and it felt as if I was sitting in my work van with vinyl seats, and with less room. I have to say Vinyl is more cost effective, but vinyl can be harder to maintain. My old MB-300 suggested in the owners manual to clean the leather seats thoroughly once a week!

At least most modern pleather seats in todays vehicles can be heated, which helps winter driving. True leather can only be had on mid to high end luxury cars, in some cases it's standard, but for the most part it's an option of $2500 or more. In today's more environmentally friendlier world, I'd pass on the leather if the cloth offered similar grip characteristics, which is what the perforated cloth in my G6 GT does. The sport seats keep you from moving around, too. I just HATE cleaning them, because if I use a brush to try to dislodge the crumbs that the vacuum can't remove, it'll eventually degrade the cloth to something that's paper thin and cause it to rip.

I suppose when the cloth does wear out (back seat has already been replaced by the dealer due to poor stitching!) I can find a Katzkin leather shop and have then done the way I want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts